Equality Statement for Staff
The general equality duty sets out the equality matters that we need to consider when making decisions that affect our pupils and staff with different protected characteristics. When carrying out its functions the Trust has due regard for:-
1. Eliminating discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
2. Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
3. Fostering good relations across all protected characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
How we meet these:
1. The profile of the workforce is collated and analysed on an annual basis
2. Statistics are produced for those with a protected characteristic and analysed on an annual basis
3. Policies are reviewed regularly and impact assessed by HR, Chief Executive Officer and the HR Committee. Any emerging equality issues are taken into account
4. HR attend regular training to ensure legal and moral obligations are met
5. Leadership attend regular training to ensure legal and moral obligations are met
6. All staff are trained as appropriate in equal opportunities issues.
7. Any issues relating to a protected characteristic raised as a grievance will be dealt with as a matter of urgency
8. In addition the Trust have a whistle blowing policy
Objectives for 2018/2019
As at April 2018, the objectives of the Trust for staff are:-
– To continue to review policies and procedures timely and ensure these are equality impact assessed.
– To continue to ensure all new starters receive an induction both to the school and the Trust which covers key equality information.
– To continue raising awareness of mental health with the senior leadership team and identifying measures to further support the wellbeing of our employees – this will be achieved by providing appropriate and bespoke training to senior leaders and governors within the organisation.
– To actively promote our flexible working practices in particular the shared parental leave policy.